Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stuffed Peppadew Peppers for Krystal’s Virtual Baby Shower Fiesta

I was very excited to be asked to participate in my very first virtual baby shower for my good blog friend Krystal! Krystal and I share a love of fun pop music and spin class, and she even made me a mix CD that I rely on often for motivation on long runs.

IMG_4019

Krystal is Filipino, and her husband Eric is Cuban, so our task was to come up with something from either of those cultures for her baby shower fiesta. I wanted to make an appetizer that wasn’t heavy or time-consuming, and these little bite-size peppers were perfect. Even though the peppadew pepper technically comes from South Africa, the sweet heat with some creaminess from the goat cheese makes me think of the Caribbean. These would go very well with a mojito after the baby comes!

Please join me and others in congratulating Krystal and Eric on the impending addition to their wonderful family!

IMG_4018

Stuffed Peppadew Peppers
source: inspired by Rumba & Eat, Drink, Smile

Ingredients

1 jar peppadew peppers (found in larger grocery stores near the pickles & olives)
1 small log high-quality goat cheese

Preparation

Allow goat cheese to soften at room temperature. Drain and rinse peppers. Using your hands, stuff goat cheese into peppers.