Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers

I've never been very adventurous when it comes to turkey burgers. I remember thinking how exotic it was when Joe added apple and celery to his one time. But when I saw this recipe at Cara's Cravings, I knew it would be a big hit with both of us since it included extra veggies in the patty and a lot of flavors that we like. In fact, Joe asked me about halfway through his burger, "You only made two patties?" and then he tried to swipe the remaining few bites of mine!

Thai Peanut Turkey Burgers



Ingredients

8oz ground turkey
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 large scallion, minced
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
freshly ground salt & pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger

2 tbsp light mayonnaise
handful of cilantro, finely minced (I omitted since I had no cilantro on hand.)
1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce

hamburger buns of your choice
mixed greens

Combine burger ingredients a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. (I cooked mine on our George Foreman.) Form the turkey mixture into two patties. Cook for about 7-10 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve on buns with cilantro-chili mayo and greens.