Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Change is Gonna Come

Y’all, if I’m bored of my own blog, then you guys must really be falling asleep out there. So I’m going to make a few changes around here, mostly content related. If you’ve noticed, my blog name has three components: cook, pray, and love. In my opinion, it’s been heavy on the cooking and light on the praying and loving. I also want my blog to be a little bit more like the blogs I look forward to reading, and I want to share more of myself with you all.

I want to talk about what’s on my mind, what I’ve been thinking and praying about, but without getting esoteric or preachy. I want to share what I’m reading, what music I’m listening to, what I’m loving about where I live and what I’m eating and what I’m doing.

In short, I want to share with you all what it’s like to be me, both in and out of the kitchen: an almost-26 year-old ex-pat Texan, former classical singer, Episcopal seminarian living in Nashville who’s married to a doctor and is a mother to two cats who likes food, drink, music, and the Bible. Don’t worry; this will still be primarily a food blog. It’ll just be a food blog plus some other stuff.