- 8 ounces thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites (I used the yolks for ice cream.)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 ounces smoked trout, skinned and flaked into large pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water 2 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus into ice water; drain and pat dry.
3. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through egg whites) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in asparagus, 2 tablespoons cheese, dill, and trout.
4. Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add oil and onions to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Pour egg mixture into pan; stir once. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until eggs are just set. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
5. Preheat broiler.
6. Broil frittata 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
Yields 4 servings, Calories: 186, Fat: 10.2 g, Protein: 19.9 g, Carbohydrate: 4.3 g