Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spiced Pork Tenderloin


I can't remember how I stumbled upon this recipe. I may have simply been browsing MyRecipes when it jumped out at me and noticed that it included items that I normally have on-hand, minus the pork tenderloin which is easy to acquire. I don't think that I've ever cooked pork tenderloin myself, though my dad likes to grill it. It came out so tender and flavorful but also very lean. Joe felt like he was getting a meat-centered meal, and I got to eat healthfully. The cinnamon and bourbon gave the pork a very seasonal taste. The recipe calls for grilling it, but I roasted mine in the marinade. I'm looking forward to preparing pork in other ways! I served this with steamed broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes from Trader Joe's, and beer bread.

Spiced Pork Tenderloin
source: My Recipes

Ingredients
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp bourbon
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

2. Mix sugar, bourbon, Worcestershire, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Place pork tenderloin in a freezer bag and pour the marinade over the meat, sealing the bag to close. Let sit for 10 minutes (or slightly longer) turning to coat.

3. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and add pork and marinade to the pan. Roast pork in oven until thermometer reaches 160-degrees (or about 30 minutes). Let rest for 5 minutes and carve into slices.