Thursday, July 31, 2008

10 Foods You Should Always Splurge On

I am in love with Google. I use Gmail, read all my blogs on Reader, blog on Blogger, and organize my photos with Picasa. I started using Google Reader when I was planning my wedding so that I could efficiently keep up with about 10 different blogs. I slowly added on some food and local blogs as well. Now that I'm fully entrenched in food blogging, I'm ashamed to tell people how many blogs I keep track of. The beautiful thing is that Google Reader will recommend even more blogs for you to read! Through this remarkable tool, I discovered Cheap Healthy Good. Now that is a blog name I can get behind. Not only is their information helpful, but it is relayed with a particular wit and humor. I found the following article to be absolutely brilliant and suggest you read it thoroughly.

10 Foods You Should Always Splurge On

"With that in mind, here are ten edibles on which you might want to splurge.

10) Coffee. The disparity between cheap, bulk, pre-ground joe and a pound of fresh beans from Dunkin Donuts is immeasurable. One is bitter, weak, and flavored with evil, while the other (for a few dollars more) will keep you awake, happy, and gastrointestinally balanced for hours. If my office replaced their bottom-dollar devil’s brew with … well, anything, I bet worker efficiency would increase tenfold."

And the list goes on.

The foods that I will splurge on are as follows:
  • olive oil (not the $50 kind, but not the $3 kind either)
  • wine
  • cheese
  • canned tomatoes
  • good, fresh produce, especially locally-grown peaches or strawberries

What are your splurges?